Monday, June 10, 2013

Contimplating life gone past today... PTSD, TBI, MIGRAINE, OH and so much MORE!


I would be the first to tell you that PTSD is real.  It is haunting and it can control your life if you let it.  For me it has seized hold many times when I least expected it.  It has caused me to do crazy unpredictable things, mostly things that I regret.  But I have learned that I can have a normal loving life, even if it rears its ugly head every now and again.

I don’t know a soldier who wouldn’t do it all again.  Every one of us believes in what we have done to support our country.  But we all wonder at the cost of this freedom that we fought or fight to preserve. We come home broken, with war related illness, injuries, and unexplained feelings of loss and regret.  At first we deal with the obvious issues, broken bones, missing limbs, and the strange vomiting episodes that seem to control your every day, or something like this. The doctors know how to deal with these, at least some of them.  Then we move on and think that we are okay, but in reality nothing will ever be the same; but let’s look at same.   Do we really want everything to be the same?  We just risked our lives for those that we love; we had to change everything we believed in to become a fighting machine, as they say.  So the question is; how do we go back and live with our loved ones and not let what has changed us destroy them?
This is a journey.... My journey

No comments:

Post a Comment