Monday, June 10, 2013

Art for TBI and PTSD

For me the PTSD came when a building imploded on me.  I was saved by an amazing Egyptian Soldier whom I shall never have the priviledge of knowing his name.  You see we had been in the dessert since November, we had only eatten MRE's (Meal Ready to Eat) since our arrival.  If you have never had these, count yourself blessed.  They are dehydrated yuck, but they did the job of keeping us alive.  Well it was February 14, 1992 and we just wanted some real food, so I went into the town of Hafar-Al-Batin to get some food.  Unfortunately, while I was in the town a scud missle was shot down from a tiger missle from going into Riyhad and hit the building next to mine.  This caused the building that I was in to implode. The impact caused me to lose conscienceness and now I live with a TBI and massive migraine headaches.  What I have found though is that I can keep some of these at bay by doing art.  I have started to learn to paint.  I am not brilliant yet, but time will tell and I may get good enough to not starve. Here are a couple I have recently painted... As an afterthought I have also found that yoga helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment